Whether to grind or not to grind your weed is a pretty hot topic at our Have a Heart recreational marijuana shop in Bothell. One thing we all agree on, is that it depends on the particular strain of weed we’re smoking. Our budtenders can help you find the best weed for your lifestyle – and can advise on grinding, or not grinding, each of the amazing northwest strains of cannabis that we sell.
Grind your weed:
- When the buds are super moist and sticky, and you’ll wind up with more weed on your fingers than in the bowl if you break it up by hand.
- When you’re rolling joints, and you want an evenly distributed balance of cannabis throughout so they burn easier. No lumpy blunts!
- When you’re packing a bowl, ground weed will burn more consistently because there’s more surface area – instead of burning just one side of a nug. The extra oxygen moving through the ground weed helps it burn a bit hotter, which will give you a stronger hit.
- When you like the THC crystals from your cannabis bud, also known as “keef.” Most grinders have a keefbox, and after a few rounds of grinding you’ll have a nice stash of keef to add to a bowl to make it more potent – or to use on it’s own for a seriously out-of-this-world high.
Don’t grind it:
- When the weed you have on hand is a little dry, you can easily break it up with your fingers a bit – or leave it kind of chunky.
- When you want to just burn the edge of the nug in your bowl, to keep the hits on the lighter side.
- When you don’t want to lose potency at all…like, not one bit. Grinding weed does remove some of the trichomes, which are the crystal-like hairs that hold lots of the good stuff.
Ready to get your grind on? Swing by Have a Heart to stock up on the finest flower!